Monday, January 24, 2022

1964-D Mint Mark Silver Washington Quarter I Found At Wal-Mart Coinstar Kiosk

 


Yes it's true, this is the second time I've found a silver Washington quarter at a Wal-Mart coinstar kiosk. I have a job next to a Walmart so I try to check the coin star twice a day and it's been worth my troubles. I once found a handful of silver with three quarters and two dimes in it, all silver. You have to check these coin counters every time you walk by the or you'll miss out.

I don't know why these machines spit out the silver but they do. They also seem to have problems with steel wheat pennies. This 1964-D silver Washington Quarter may be the most common date but it's free so I'm not complaining. These coins are valued at five dollars each in average circulated condition and I see them selling for more than that on auction sites and at many local fleamarkets. Keep coin roll hunting but don't forget those easy finds in the change machines.

2 comments:

  1. I thought Coinstar accepted coins. How are you getting coins out of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The machines have problems with silver coins and some older coins. They spit them back out. Some customers don't check the coin return slot.

      Delete