Sunday, January 23, 2022

Coin Roll Hunting 36 Customer Returned Penny Rolls, 5 Wheat Pennies Found

 

Coin roll hunting wheat pennies

As I've said many times before, hunting through customer returned rolls is a roll of the dice. Sometimes you get very lucky and find part of someone's collection. In other cases like this one you find only a few wheat pennies and maybe an interesting coin or two. This was one of the former cases so this will not be a long post.


As you can see I only found 5 wheat pennies in this venture. They were a 1958-D, two 1946 no mint marks, a 1944-D and the best find was a 1936 no mint mark. I'm not going to post an image of all the wheaties but here is an image of the 1936 coin.

Older wheat penny from 1930s

After that we have two Canadian pennies. I have started keeping any Canadian pennies I find that are 1965 or older because these coins were minted in smaller numbers compared to their American counterparts. These have dates of 1963 and 1964. Here is the image.

1960s Canadian pennies

I also found 5 good to very fine condition Lincoln Memorial pennies in this hunt but I won't be posting a close up image of those. Three of them were 1962 with two having the D mint mark. All are in really good shape and worth keeping for their long term value.

That's all for today. This was not a great haul and the sad part is I'm getting ready to go through fifty dollars worth of customer returned rolls. Yes, that is 100 rolls. I'm not really looking forward to it after doing this one but they are all from various sources so let's hope for better results this time. Also I have something more interesting that I hope to show you tomorrow or at least by early next week so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment