Sunday, January 9, 2022

A 1952S Wheat Penny And Very Fine Condition Older Lincoln Cents I Found Coin Roll Hunting

 


I decided to tackle the huge backlog of bank rolls I collected after I cut my finger during the holidays. I couldn't do any coin roll hunting during this time but I've still kept doing pickups at the banks. Now I have several hundred dollars worth of pennies, nickels and dimes to go through.


Today I went through ten dollars worth of pennies. These are all customer returned bankrolls, the problem with these is that you can go through a lot of them and find absolutely nothing. Sometimes you are checking pennies that have already been searched by another collector, at other times you just get unlucky. However, once in awhile you get a good batch and find some really great coins. In these bankrolls I found four wheat pennies they are two 1955D copper pennies, one 1952S penny and a 1942 no mint mark.


I also got lucky and found two older Lincoln Memorial pennies that were in very fine condition or at least very lightly circulated to add to my collection. They are a 1959D and a 1976D. Not old enough to be worth anything yet but I'll hold onto them for awhile and see what they're worth when I retire in twenty years or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment