Sunday, January 16, 2022

Coin Roll Hunting Wheat Pennies And Old Lincoln Cents In $12 Customer Returned Rolls

 

Coin roll hunting wheat pennies

So today I decided to attempt another customer return coin roll hunting adventure. I went through twelve dollars worth of bank rolls here and I found seven wheat pennies and eight older Lincoln Memorial cents from 1968 to the early 1978. I like to keep these older Lincoln pennies because the value is starting to go up and soon we will be getting good prices for coins that are in good to very fine condition. Most people are overlooking these coins but as wheat penny finds become even more rare you will have to find a way to make your coin roll hunting experience worth you investment of time and I think this is the way to do that. So let's jump in to the goodies I found.


First up we have the four 1940s wheat pennies that I found. The dates are 1941, 1942-D, 1944 and 1946-S. The 1946-S wheat penny looks really interesting to me. The Liberty letters are all off center and the I in 'in god we trust' is pushed down. I'm researching this to see if its a strike error but I have a feeling it's just a dye error and won't be worth anything. Here are the images.

1940s wheat pennies

And here is a closer look at the obverse side of the 1946S wheat penny I found. You can see that the lettering is all over the place in this one but I can't find any other example online. I believe it is just a grease error. I am still not very good at taking macro images but here it is.

1946s dye error penny

So now we come to the three 1950s wheat pennies that I found. Nothing really special here. The dates are 1951-D, 1953-D and 1955-D. Nothing really stands out to me but as I've said before my eyes are pretty much dead.


1950s wheat pennies

That's pretty much it accept for the older Lincoln Memorial pennies. I'm not going to post them all here but I will show you the oldest one I found. It's a 1968D that I think would qualify as a very fine condition or at least a good condition coin.

1968D Lincoln Memorial penny

That's all for today. I find that breaking my hunts up into smaller sizes helps me to manage these posts better. It means less finds per search but it takes the stress away from taking all the images for so many coins. I hope you don't mind. I do have a hundred dollar penny search that I'm working on for this blog. I'm only halfway done with that one and it's already becoming a pain. Keep on the lookout for it though, I know many of you will enjoy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment