Friday, May 8, 2015

Nine More Wheat Pennies I Found Coin Roll Hunting

So I finished going through another full box of pennies I picked up from the bank. I have really been hitting it hard when it comes to coin roll hunting lately. I think I'm getting burned out and I might have to slow down some though. I guess I just need a break from searching through all these dirty old coins. Sometimes I hit a really good box and that makes the effort and the filthy fingers I get worth it but most of the time I'm lucking to find ten wheat pennies from coin roll hunting a twenty-five dollar box like this one. This time I actually only got nine hits from the whole box. Pretty much all of them were from the 40s and 50s with one that looks like a 1926 but it's so chewed up I can't be a hundred percent sure. Anyway I think I'm going to be moving towards doing dimes for awhile since it's very easy to find the silver ones without having to look at each coin. This will save me a lot of time and make this hobby less of a chore for me. Of course I'll still be doing pennies but I'll keep it down to one box a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment