Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Another $25 Box Of Pennies With Really Low Returns



After getting a really low quality box of pennies from my last coin roll hunt I was hoping to hit a good box with some great returns this time but this box turned out to be even worse. It's times like these that I think about giving up on this hobby. I took a pic of this box as soon as I got home. There were a few rolls I had already went through while I was riding the bus home. I like to make the most of my time when I'm using public transportation and coin roll hunting is a great way to do that.

After I finished going through the whole twenty-five dollars worth of pennies I found that I had only got Three wheat pennies from the 40s and three from the 50s. Even though I also found two foreign pennies that are old enough to keep I can't count those as finds so if I got six hits out of fifty coin rolls that comes to less than one out of eight rolls which makes this a really bad box. Here is a pic of all the U.S coins.



The two foreign coins I found were not in the greatest shape but I was able to read the mint dates on both of them. They are 1953 and 1954 Canadian pennies. I posted an image of both sides of them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment